2.5 Hours A few Days Keeps The Energy Away

Jan - 30 2014 | By

I recently have been drafted into a select baseball team which is probably one of the more hardcore teams I have played on. We practice three times a week, each practice being two and a half hours each. By the time I am done (which is around nine o’clock) I am too tired to do any of my schoolwork.

I have been getting more and more homework increasingly as time goes by through the year. Some nights, I am lucky enough to get homework from every teacher totaling at sometimes two to three hours (band included).  So when I have baseball stacked on top of my school life, I am barely hanging on sometimes.

The team is fun as it is one of the only teams where i have felt my fellow players are equal to me. Its always been me being on of the better ones filling in for people that can’t play there own positions that well. But now–I can finally test my limits (not to sound overdramatic). We are working harder and it is a group effort on this team so if someone if messing around or somebody misses a grounder (baseball rolling on the ground for all you non-baseball fans) it’s to the fence or thirty pushups. It really does test your patience sometimes.

Wednesday night I am flawless on the field not missing a single ball… fielding everyone. The coach comes over and really praises me, which was weird as he is one of the most strict people I know. Feeling that I had the wrong impression all along I go back to my position feeling good about myself. But don’t worry, he wasn’t really like that, he yelled at me about five minutes later about skipping someone whilst we were fielding the ball. The guy had to run to the fence and back because HE had missed the ball not I. So what was I going to do–stand there and wait an extra thirty seconds while i could get in some reps of my own. Well.. my coach apparently doesn’t have the same logic as me and when I told him my feelings he insulted me in front of the other coaches and the players to make it worse. Oh yeah, he also made me run … around the field… three times.

Annnnnnnywaaaays… we have a tournament every other weekend–so– this is gonna be so fun.

For now I am just trying to hang in there while juggling the homework, the hours, and coaches– but overall I think this will be a fun experience for me despite the differences i have with some people *cough *cough.

Tags:

1 Comment

1. lschoch says:

“By the time I am done (which is around nine o’clock) I am too tired to do any of my schoolwork.”—-WHOOPS!

However, baseball is my favorite sport!!!!!!!

Write you response