Reflections: Seventh Grade

May - 14 2014 | By

When I first arrived in August, I had the impression that the teachers were supper strict and were very unforgiving. I thought to myself that first day, “How am I going to survive?”.
Seventh grade is the first year we got electives and I was excited for this turn of events but also wondering if I would have a good time. I soon realized that while my teachers weren’t exactly as demonic as I portrayed them to be, they certainly were not as easy going as my previous teachers. Grades were different, consequences were harsher, the homework load was heavier—it was a very different year.
By October, I finally felt that I had gotten into the groove of things, and that the teachers were a bit easier to get along with. Sometimes, I was actually enjoying what we got to do in school and felt as If my teachers liked me. (Hopefully 🙂
I did figure out some very important lessons throughout the semesters. Procrastination, is a very bad way to go. I am a notorious procrastinator and push things off until a day before it is due. Most of the time it ends up making me stay up till midnight and ends up me having a bad day. Even though a usually get good grades on them, procrastination is a bad habit to have, and if you are faced with this issue, get rid of it immediately.
I have learned a lot of things in seventh grade though. My mind has been stuffed with information all about body systems from Science. I have even learned a new language!(Future seventh graders, pick Latin. It is the best language ever). And I have learned a lot of life lessons like procrastination, honesty,vans always trying your hardest. It will reward you greatly later in life.
As the year comes to a close, I can tell you one thing for sure. I. AM. READY. FOR SUMMER. This a a great year but very tiring and I can’t wait to relax and sleep in.
If I could redo the year, I would probably give it 150% and never procrastinate. It might seem fine at the time, but it comes back to bite you in the butt later.
My advice to next years seventh graders is that they should never procrastinate (as I have stressed very much in the post), give it your all everyday, and try to have a good time—it will make things seem better. Also, have a good reputation with your teachers. (It will help a lot). Overall, I believe you will have a good time.

Write you response